Learn to Curl
What to expect at a Learn to Curl
It all starts off with a brief off ice instruction including curling terminology and safety. Once on the ice, instructors will go over the basics of curling including throwing a stone and sweeping. Participants are urged to wear layered, loose clothing (you will need to lunge!), warm socks and clean sneakers or rubber soled shoes (Vans, Converse, Toms or other low profile shoes are not recommended- your feet will get cold!). All other equipment is provided. Be sure to arrive at least 15 mins before the scheduled start time.ZOZI PARTICIPANTS: Please choose a date and fill out the information on the following page, and submit, but DO NOT make a payment through the paypal site. You will receive an email from learntocurl at hollywoodcurling dot org - please respond to that email with your Zozi voucher. Your spot will not be guaranteed unless your voucher number is received. Zozi vouchers are only valid for Dec. 15, Jan. 12, or Feb. 14. Please contact us with any questions.
|9:45 PM - Friday April 25, 2014||Learn to Curl Level 2 @ LA Kings Valley Ice Center (7 spaces)|
|6:15 PM - Sunday April 27, 2014||Learn to Curl @ LAKVIC (0 spaces)|
|9:45 PM - Friday May 2, 2014||Learn to Curl Level 2 @ LA Kings Valley Ice Center (12 spaces)|
|6:15 PM - Sunday May 4, 2014||Learn to Curl @ LAKVIC (0 spaces)|
|6:15 PM - Sunday May 18, 2014||Learn to Curl @ LAKVIC (1 spaces)|
|7:30 PM - Saturday June 7, 2014||Learn to Curl @ Ice Station Valencia (61 spaces)|
|7:30 PM - Saturday June 14, 2014||Learn to Curl @ Ice Station Valencia (64 spaces)|
Sign up to reserve your space!
Reasons to Curl
- You saw curling on TV and you want to give it a try!
- You enjoy competitive sports either by yourself or with friends and family.
- You want to play a winter sport that would benefit you and your family's physical health and mental well-being!
- You want to get your teenagers out of the house?
- Curling is not only a fun sport for the whole family, it's a game steeped in tradition and it teaches valuable life lessons about problem solving, sportsmanship, leadership, communication, etiquette and more!
- You want to get out and meet new people and socialize in an open and non-threatening environment!
- Sound good? Then curling is for you. Come on out to our Learn to Curl and give curling a try. You have got nothing to lose, and a great new experience to gain.